Tuesday, September 20, 2011

O. B. Buchana - "I Can't Choose"

O. B. has the age-old problem - he loves both his woman and his wife and he just can't choose between them.  He says he's hooked and dingling on the line.  He even asks his mother for advice and she tells him to follow his heart (moms always know what to say).  The problem is that he only has one heart and his woman and wife are tearing it apart.  Oh O.B., O.B., in spite of your dilemma, this is a beautiful song and if this isn't southern soul, I don't know what is!!  I can play this song over and over and over.

I'm just wondering, how did O.B. go from "I Can't Choose" to "I Want Both of You?"

I’ve been thinking constantly
About a situation that's worrying me
I’ve got a woman I truly love
I got a wife at home and she’s my world
I know one day I’m gonna have to choose
But I’m lost in love and I’m so confused
I’ve been wondering what to do
Said I’ve got two women that keep me so confused
Ya’ll please help me, help me understand
All I got to say is
I can’t, I can’t, I can’t choose between the two
I can’t choose (make up my mind) between the two
I’m hooked and I’m dingling on the line

I called my mother to get some advice
She said son, follow your heart and you’ll do what’s right
But here’s the problem I only have one heart
And between the two they’re tearing it apart
See it feels so good when I’m with my wife
And when I’m with my woman I’m in paradise
Ya’ll I’ve been wondering what to do
See I’ve got two women that keep me so confused
Ya’ll please help me, tell me what should I do
I got one thing to tell you
I can’t, I can’t, I can’t choose between the two
I can’t choose between the two (make up my mind)
I’m hooked and I’m dingling on the line

I got two children in my life
One by my woman and the other one by my wife
24-7 I rip and run
One sees me leave and the other one sees me coming
I know it’s wrong, there’s no excuse
I want to stop ya’ll but I just can’t choose
I don’t know what’s going on
Said I’ve got two women that keep me so confused
Ya’ll please help me, tell O.B. what to do
All I can say is I can’t, I can’t, I can't choose between the two
I can’t make up my mind because I’m hooked ya'll
And I’m dingling on the line
I can’t, I can’t decide, I can’t, I’m about to lose my mind

So I called Willie Clayton and here’s what he said
The three people O.B. they’re still sleeping in my bed
They can’t help with it, not a little,
Even Marvin Sease, says he’s still stuck in the middle
I’m going crazy, oh I’m about to snap
When I call Carl Sims, he said O.B. I'm still trapped
O. B., O.B., what are you doing to me?
XXOOXX
Southern Soul Paradise
southernsoulparadise@hotmail.com