Saturday, October 29, 2011

Donnie Ray - "A Letter To My Baby"

This is easily an in-the-club or a house party song.  It is true southern soul with a beautiful melody and good lyrics.  Donnie Ray has an outstanding voice and this man can sing; I could listen to him all day long.  He starts this song by saying that he sat down and wrote a letter to his baby.  Now I don't know about you, but a man earns big points if he writes a letter to me!!!  Ladies, you know what I mean.  Anyway, this is a song about the letter he writes - I like when he says that as soon as he gets there, this is what he wants you to do, woman, take me in your arms and rock me baby.  Oh yes!

I wrote a letter to my sweet baby
And this is how, this is how it began
It says: I’m sorry baby, if I’ve done you wrong
And I’m sorry baby, if I had to leave you all alone
You see there comes a time in everyone’s life
When you’ve got to be strong and make a sacrifice
But you know I love you until the end of time
So I’m sitting right here with thoughts of you on my mind

So as soon as I get there honey, here is what I want you to do
Woman, take me in your arms and rock me baby
Woman, take me in your arms and rock me baby
That’s what I want you to do girl
Are we gonna make love like we never made love before
I’m gonna do all the things girl I’ve never done before
I’m gonna kiss you right here and there
And when the time comes, honey, I’m gonna kiss you everywhere
Oh let me kiss you right there
Please baby say I can, girl
Oh as soon as I get there honey, I’m gonna make love to you baby
Oh girl, that’s what I wanna do baby
Woman, take me in your arms and rock me baby


He said he's on his way home to me!
Good music!!
XXOOXX
Southern Soul Paradise
southernsoulparadise@hotmail.com