Friday, February 22, 2013

T.K. Soul - "My Life"

T.K. Soul sings beautiful ballads and this is such a pretty song.  It tells the story of losing family members and only being able to see them in his mind.  It is also a song of thanks.

Daddy worked hard every day of his life
Never heard him complain once
My whole life
Strong survivor for the family
Same kind of man that I try to be
To see him today sure would be nice
But I’m just thankful to have had him in my life

Now my life, what a shame
On that day he had to go away (Daddy went away)
I can still see his face in my mind today

Mama took good care of the kids
And we all had to learn everything she did
She always taught us right from wrong
Got me ready for the day I had to leave home
To see her today sure would be nice
But I’m just thankful to have had her in my life

Now my life, what a shame
On that day she let had to go away (Mama went away)
I can see her pretty face in my mind today

What mother had to leave, broke her heart
Another brother went away, tore me apart
I was lost so long for awhile
Had to turn to my children to make me smile
To see them today, sure would be so nice
But I’m just thankful to have had them in my life

Now my life, what a shame
On that day they had to go away
I can still see their face in my mind today

I'm just thankful to have had them in my life!
XXOOXX
Southern Soul Paradise
southernsoulparadise@hotmail.com