Friday, May 31, 2013

O. V. Wright - "When You Took Your Love From Me"

I have been an O.V. Wright fan for a good while and play his CDs from start to finish, especially when I'm travelling.  In "When You Took Your Love From Me," O.V. wants his woman to know how devastated he has been since she left him.  Would you take the wings from a bird and you know he can't fly - wow.  My favorite line is that I'm a prisoner of your love but I don't want you to set me free.  I've been playing this record over and over because I love it more and more each time I hear it.

Would you take the wings from a bird 
Knowing he can't fly
Would you take the bottle from a little bitty baby 
And you know he's gonna cry
Would you take the fish out of the water knowing
Knowing the little fella's gonna die
Would you take a cane from a blind man 
And you know he ain’t got no eyes 
Oh baby can you see, oh my darling 
That's what happened one day when you took your love from me

I’ve been loving you too long baby
You’ve almost become a part of me
Here’s another thing
I’m a prisoner of your love baby
But it’s a funny thing
I don’t want you to set me free
Would you take the sail from the ship
And you know it ain’t gonna move
Would you take all the pieces from a melody
And just let it lose its groove
Oh baby can’t you see, oh my darling that’s what happened
When you took your love away from me

One day you took your love from me
I lost the will to live
The day you took your love from me
You knocked me down on my knees
I've been loving you too long baby and you've almost
become a part of me...
XXOOXX
Southern Soul Paradise
southernsoulparadise@hotmail.com