Sunday, March 30, 2014

Sir Charles Jones - "On My Own Again"

Sir Charles Jones is such a talented singer and is one of the most steadily consistent southern soul singers out there.  Almost everything he touches turns to gold.  "On My Own Again" is a beautiful song about losing the one you love. He can't believe that things are over with his woman and that he's on his own again.  You can feel his pain and his loneliness.

I can’t believe after all these years I’m on my own again
It’s finally over baby
Though I’m on my own again
Deep down in my heart I wish you true love, my friend

Chorus
Said I’m on my own again (4x)

Said I’m on my own again
Girl I lost my only friend
We’ve been through some things
Ain’t meant to be
Oh but I never thought it’d be you and me
And I don’t know just what to do
Can’t see myself living life without you
But we got to move on and still be friends
Can’t believe I’m on my own again

Chorus

Oh I’ve been crying so many tears
When I think of all the many good years
That we shared, shared together
Never thought that we would see stormy weather
Sometimes it seems like a bad dream
And I can’t wake up from a mad dream
But we got to move on and still be friends
I can’t believe I’m on my own again

Chorus

Talking…


Chorus

Sitting here crying, my eyes are red; sitting here crying, because I'm on my own again.
Enjoy!
XXOOXX
Southern Soul Paradise
southernsoulparadise@hotmail.com
@ssoulparadise