Monday, February 9, 2015

Bobby "Blue" Bland - "Angel"

The legendary Bobby "Blue" Bland is such an amazing part of our musical history.  He passed in 2013 but his music is timeless and will live with us forever.  Here's "Angel," a song from his 1986 "After All" album; it's a simple but beautiful love song.  He tells this girl he's seeing for the first time just how beautiful she is, how everything about her is exciting, how he's fallen in love with a queen, and that it's like falling in love with a dream. Wow, how would you feel if someone sang these words to you???

Pardon me lady, I don't mean to stare
You're the prettiest woman
That I've ever seen anywhere
Where are your wings?
Did you leave them up above?
And with an angel, I've fallen in love

You are so beautiful to me
And everything about you is so exciting
You’re the kind of lady that a blind man dreams of
And with an angel, I've fallen in love

Chorus
I've fallen in love with you angel
I've fallen in love with a queen
I've fallen in love with you angel
It’s like falling in love with a dream

Please, please, please lady
Please don’t walk away
There’s something I want you to know
Please let me finish what I have to say
You’re the perfect example
Of what beauty is made of
And with you angel, I've fallen in love

Chorus

Simply beautiful
xxooxx
Southern Soul Paradise
southernsoulparadise@hotmail.com