Saturday, July 2, 2016

Jj Thames - "Leftovers"

Oh, do I love this song! First, Jj Thames has a beautiful voice.  I can hear her singing the blues, jazz, and everything else. I think she's just that versatile. Secondly, the message is awesome.  She said that she doesn't want anyone's leftovers and that the best way for her to receive blessings is to be happy for you. She says "I don’t do leftovers, girl I want my own.  You ain’t got to worry, your man ain’t who I want."  If I could stand up and cheer I would. lol  She knows that in this day and age everybody cheats, everybody creeps, and they all chew off more than they can eat!  Well said!!  But she tells the girl that she isn’t the one that she needs to worry about! Hmm, what do you think of that!?!

Here's part of Jj Thames bio as taken from the Reverbnation website (https://www.reverbnation.com/jjthames).  Read the rest of her interesting background when you get a chance!
Mixing R&B, funk, Motown, and soul with strong blues and gospel vocals, and tossing in ska and reggae rhythms for occasional seasoning, JJ Thames has a powerful stage presence, and more than enough talent to back it up as a songwriter and as a performer. Her story reads like a classic Hollywood biopic, full of early joys, tragic losses, and a seemingly predestined turn to music as a career. Thames (pronounced "Timms") was born and raised in Detroit, Michigan, where she showed musical ability early in childhood, and with her parents' blue-collar support, grew up singing and studying music, specifically piano and classical and jazz vocal technique.

This song is rising on the southern soul charts!
XXOOXX
Southern Soul Paradise
southernsoulparadise@hotmail.com

2 comments:

Comments...what are your thoughts??