Saturday, December 22, 2018

Cathe's All Blues Saturday Countdown on WDLT December 22, 2018

It's Christmas!!!  Can you believe it?  Do you have all of your shopping finished?  I'm done!!  I usually start planning for Christmas around Halloween and try to get most of my gifts when the sales start, especially close to Thanksgiving.  Then, I just have to remember where I put everything. lol This is such a special time of the year and, if you get a chance, give something to someone who may not have as much as you.  I've found that you don't have to spend a lot of money to make someone happy.  And if you have to spend a lot to make someone happy, you may want to rethink that relationship. lol I'm serious.

As beautiful as this time is, Christmas can be really hard for those who have recently lost a loved one. I lost my big sister at the end of October and I'm struggling this season.  I'm thankful I have plenty of support.

One thing I love about this time of year is that everything is so festive! The decorations, bright and colorful lights, carols, Christmas programs, etc., help the mood and definitely enhance the spirit of the season.  I thank God for sending us His son, this earth is forever changed because of his birth.  Happy birthday Jesus!!

Merry Christmas to all of you!!  Peace and blessings!!

It's time for Cathe's All Blues Saturday Countdown!  The Countdown highlights the top 10 most requested southern soul music hits of this week from WDLT 104.1 FM, the greatest station in the Mobile, Alabama, area. They have an awesome "All Blues Saturday" show and the on-air personalities - Nikki deMarks, Stormy, and Cathe B - are amazing! The Countdown comes on at 7:00 p.m. CST (8:00 EST) each Saturday night.

To listen to the station if you're in the Mobile area, turn your radio to 104.1 FM and if you're online, go to www.1041wdlt.com. You can also listen via iHeart Radio on your phone/tablet and, if you have an Echo, do like I do and simply tell Alexa to play 104.1 WDLT!

This week's top 10: 
  1.  Boots On Song - Omar Cunningham featuring Yayo
  2.  Boom Shaka Laka - Rosalyn Candy featuring Tucka
  3.  Fine - Lenny Williams
  4.  Make Me Wanna Do Wrong - Tucka
  5.  I Can't Hardly Wait Until The Weekend - Wendell B
  6.  Sleeping With The Enemy - Toia Jones
  7.  My First Love - Fat Daddy
  8.  You Ain't Woman Enough To Take My Man - Karen Wolfe
  9.  Dance - Lebrado
10.  She's Got The Juice - Geno
Last week's top 10: 
  1.  Fine - Lenny Williams
  2.  Boots On Song - Omar Cunningham featuring Yayo
  3.  Boom Shaka Laka - Rosalyn Candy featuring Tucka
  4.  Sleeping With The Enemy - Toia Jones
  5.  I Can't Hardly Wait Until The Weekend - Wendell B
  6.  Make Me Wanna Do Wrong - Tucka
  7.  Dance - Lebrado
  8.  You Ain't Woman Enough To Take My Man - Karen Wolfe
  9.  I'll Pay The Shipping Cost - Ronnie Bell
10.  My First Love - Fat Daddy
A big welcome to Geno and "She's Got The Juice" to The Countdown!!  She's got the juice - go on and turn her loose!  See my post: https://southernsoulparadise.blogspot.com/2018/11/geno-wesley-shes-got-juice.html.

Cathe's Classic Pick of the Week was one of my many favorite Johnnie Taylor hits - "Running Out of Lies!!" I love it!!
The #1 spot took an unexpected turn this week and congratulations to Omar Cunningham for returning to number 1 with the Boots on Song!  Ain't nothing wrong with changing up every now and then!!  I know that's right! 
Boom Shaka Laka climbed back to the #2 slot - you know that's my jam!

Thank you Cathe B for a wonderful countdown and WDLT for a great All Blues Saturday!! I love southern soul music!!
XXOOXX
Southern Soul Paradise
southernsoulparadise@hotmail.com
Facebook: SouthernSoul Paradise

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments...what are your thoughts??