Saturday, January 5, 2019

Cathe's All Blues Saturday Countdown on WDLT January 5, 2019

Happy birthday to me!!!!!  I had an awesome day!  I hope you had a wonderful New Year's celebration!!

It's time for Cathe's All Blues Saturday Countdown!  The Countdown highlights the top 10 most requested southern soul music hits of this week from WDLT 104.1 FM, the greatest station in the Mobile, Alabama, area. They have an awesome "All Blues Saturday" show and the on-air personalities - Nikki deMarks, Stormy, and Cathe B - are amazing! The Countdown comes on at 7:00 p.m. CST (8:00 EST) each Saturday night.

To listen to the station if you're in the Mobile area, turn your radio to 104.1 FM and if you're online, go to www.1041wdlt.com. You can also listen via iHeart Radio on your phone/tablet and, if you have an Echo, do like I do and simply tell Alexa to play 104.1 WDLT!

This week's top 10: 
  1.  Boots On Song - Big Yayo featuring Omar Cunningham 
  2.  Boom Shaka Laka - Rosalyn Candy featuring Tucka
  3.  Make Me Wanna Do Wrong - Tucka
  4.  Fine - Lenny Williams
  5.  My First Love - Fat Daddy
  6.  I Can't Hardly Wait Until The Weekend - Wendell B
  7.  Sleeping With The Enemy - Toia Jones
  8.  She's Got The Juice - Geno
  9.  Dance - Lebrado
10.  You Ain't Woman Enough To Take My Man - Karen Wolfe
Top 10 from December 22, 2019
  1.  Boots On Song - Big Yayo featuring Omar Cunningham 
  2.  Boom Shaka Laka - Rosalyn Candy featuring Tucka
  3.  Fine - Lenny Williams
  4.  Make Me Wanna Do Wrong - Tucka
  5.  I Can't Hardly Wait Until The Weekend - Wendell B
  6.  Sleeping With The Enemy - Toia Jones
  7.  My First Love - Fat Daddy
  8.  You Ain't Woman Enough To Take My Man - Karen Wolfe
  9.  Dance - Lebrado
10.  She's Got The Juice - Geno
Cathe's Classic Pick of the Week was "If You Can't Do Me Right" by the awesome Denise LaSalle who passed away January 8, 2018. Can't believe it's almost a year already.  In "If You Can't Do Me Right," Denise says that if you can't do me right, don't you do me at all!!  I know that's right! lol

Congratulations to Big Yayo on "The Boots On Song" reaching #1 for another week!!  I think I've been listing this as Omar Cunningham's song featuring Big Yayo but it's the other way around - Big Yayo featuring Omar Cunningham.  So sorry for the slip - charge it to my head and not my heart. 
Yayy to Rosalyn Candy!!
Thank you Cathe B for a wonderful countdown and WDLT for a great All Blues Saturday!! I love southern soul music!!
XXOOXX
Southern Soul Paradise
southernsoulparadise@hotmail.com
Facebook: SouthernSoul Paradise

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments...what are your thoughts??