Sunday, August 8, 2021

Albert King - "I'll Play the Blues for You" (Parts 1-2)

Hearing the opening bars of "I'll Play The Blues For You" each Saturday morning just makes my day! This is Lewis Dee's theme song and it's how my Saturday begins.  This is beautiful music!!

I love the extended version of this Albert King classic.

If you're down and out and you feel real hurt
Come on over to the place where I work
And all your loneliness I'll try to soothe
I'll play the blues for you

Don't be afraid, come on in
You might run across, yea, some of your old friends
All your loneliness, I've got to soothe
I'll play the blues for you

And Lewis Dee's line - I ain't got no big name, and oh Lord, I ain't no big star!!

You can catch Lewis Dee on radio WZKD from 6 - 9am every Saturday morning and from 7 - 10pm Monday thru Thursday.  To listen, go to thebigkd.com, https://tunein.com/radio/WKXN-1027-s11733/listen on the WZKD app, or listen via your Echo! 

XXOOXX
Southern Soul Paradise
southernsoulparadise@hotmail.com
Facebook: SouthernSoul Paradise
Instaram: Southern Soul Paradise

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments...what are your thoughts??