Wednesday, September 6, 2017

12th Annual Southern Soul Blues Celebration Ladysmith, VA - Part 1

Ladysmith is a community right off I-95 in Caroline County, Virginia. The ruralness (I think I just made up that word lol) of it reminds me so much of Alabama so I always feel right at home when I’m there.  This is the second time that I've attended the Southern Soul Blues Celebration and my sister, Brenda, and I had a fabulous time!! It was held on August 26 and this event was like one huge party.  It was a mostly 40-and-over crowd which I love because no one was arguing, fussing, or fighting and everybody was there to have a good time.  

The park was located in a pretty setting under tall, country pine trees. The temps were perfect that day – not too hot or too chilly – and the sun was shining and the sky was blue.  Everyone had their lawn chairs and there were tons of coolers with food and lovely liquid refreshments.  You could dance on the ‘floor’ in front of the stage or dance right at your seat; it was that kind of party.  And, I met some really nice people.  The great music and wonderful atmosphere made this a pretty cool day.

We started the day by meeting Queen, the promoter, with her beautiful smile.  She always makes me feel welcome here and is responsible for a great show. I love her!
And then we caught up with the most handsome and hardest working man in the DMV, Dr. Nick!  Dr. Nick was one of the two MCs and he is known for making sure that everyone has a good time. Here is a pic of him with my sister, Brenda - I don't know how I missed out on taking one with him!!!
The show had a great lineup and the acts scheduled to perform were:

Southern Bluez
Jesi Terrell
T.J. Hooker Taylor
Big G
Omar Cunningham

Here are a couple of pictures of the beautiful Jesi Terrell who sang "Love Mechanic" and many other hits!

They were all awesome and each gave a great performance!  Take a look at parts 2 and 3 of this series for my review of Big G’s part of the show and my interesting interview with T.J. Hooker Taylor!

XXOOXX
Southern Soul Paradise
southernsoulparadise@hotmail.com
Facebook: SouthernSoul Paradise

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments...what are your thoughts??