Saturday, February 6, 2010

February - Is the Winter Over Yet???

Hello My People,

It's February and the DMV (District, MD, and VA) has more than two feet of snow!! I am so thankful that God has allowed me to keep power - thank you!

I wanted to give you my top southern soul songs for the month. Now, this list was pretty hard to make, but here goes:

1. Rock Me - Stan Moslely I bought this CD for this song but I found out that the entire album is good. I love this song and, as my family knows, I can play this song over and over and over again.
2. I Like This Place - Carl Simms This is just a nice, sing-along kind of song.
3. Good Lovin' Will Make You Cry - Carl Marshall
4. Playing With It - OB Buchana
5. Never Coming Home - Betty Padgett I also love this song.

Bonus Songs: There's more than one this time.
A. If I Could Love You Forever - Roy C - This is a classic song that I know all of my sisters know.

B. Careless With Your Love - Johnnie Taylor - You already know I love JT.

C. Nine Pound Steel - Joe Simon - Daddy, I appreciate this song so much and finally know just how good it is - even though we used to hide this record! I think about you every time I hear it.

If you want to listen to some good southern soul, try WKXN The Big Station (in Montgomery) or southernsoulradio.com. For a list of music, try southernsoulrnb.com.

If you get a chance, let me know the music happening where you are.

Take care.
xxooxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments...what are your thoughts??