Saturday, November 2, 2019

Bobby Patterson - "Right Place, Wrong Time"

This is one of the MANY reasons I listen to the radio.  I heard this 1977 song this morning on The Lewis Dee show.  I had never heard it before and it's one of those songs that captures you right away. It's not quite your typical cheating song, the story line is a little different, but I love it!!

So, this man skips work to go to this party that all the fellas had been talking about.  It's supposed to be real freaky so he calls in sick to work and heads over to this crazy party.  He got there and had the shock of his life - over in the corner was a man making love to his wife.  (That must have been some party!)  She saw him standing there and didn't even offer an explanation.  She got up, fixed herself a drink, combed her hair, looked at him and asked him what he was doing there.  My, my, my...

Here are some of the words - you've got to listen to the whole song:
I was in the right place at the wrong time
Somebody else is getting what I thought was mine
There ain't nothing I can say, nothing I can do
Cause if I hadn't been there, Lord knows I wouldn't have seen you...

XXOOXX
Southern Soul Paradise
southernsoulparadise@hotmail.com
Facebook: SouthernSoul Paradise

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments...what are your thoughts??