Sunday, July 11, 2010

Hot Fun In The Summertime!

Wow, what happened to June??? I kind of missed that month and I'm sliding into the middle of July. What's up with you? Are you having a great summer? I am! Went on a cruise in June to the Cayman Islands and Cozumel with my son and his family and friends and had a blast. I just spent a great week in Alabama with my mom who successfully went through knee replacement surgery. We had a chance to spend a lot of quality time together and I am so thankful for her (and my sisters) and the time we had. I'm ready to go back!!

Here are my songs for the month. It's always hard for me to choose, but here goes:

1. Ain't Gonna Do It - Mel Waiters - I LOVE this song!
2. Baby Sittin' - Johnnie Taylor - classic, mellow JT
3. Just One Lifetime - J Blackfoot - smooth
4. I Wanna Get Witcha Baby - Wilson Meadows
5. I've Got To Love Somebody's Baby - Johnnie Taylor (because somebody's lovin' mine)
6. Close To You - Tyrone Davis - simply beautiful
7. I'm Going Crazy Over Losing You - Willie Clayton
8. I'm Leaving Your Love Behind - William Bell
9. Did You Put Your Foot In It - OB Buchana - ("I made her scream OB, OB, ooh boy, what 'chu doing to me?") I love this song!
10. Do You Qualify - Marvin Sease

I won't stay away as long next time. Until then, take care and send me an email to let me know your southern soul favorites - I'll spotlight them next month: southernsoulparadise@hotmail.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments...what are your thoughts??