Friday, December 2, 2011

J. Blackfoot

The world paused for a second when J. Blackfoot transitioned to the other side. I had just found out that he had been sick, and still performing, and it hurt my heart to hear that he passed. J. Blackfoot was one of those artists I grew up listening to and kept following year after year. He was awesome with the Soul Children and they had tons of hits. I remember Heresay, The Sweeter He Is, I’ll Understand, I’ll Be The Other Woman, Don’t Take My Kindness For Weakness, Love Makes It Right, and more. And for when he went solo, there’s the classic Taxi, Just One Lifetime, Two Different People, In My Bedroom, Your Man Is Home Tonight, Same Time Same Place, I'm Just A Fool, and I could keep going on and on. J. Blackfoot’s voice was unforgettable and his voice was so amazing. I listened to him as a teenager and also through my entire adult life. The music he left behind is timeless and will live forever through our stereos, iPods, radios, youtube/internet sites, etc. I’m so thankful for all he gave us.

See my posts about J. Blackfoot dated 8/14/2011, 9/5/2011, and 11/13/2011.

Southern Soul Paradise
southernsoulparadise@hotmail.com