Friday, August 25, 2017

Karen Wolfe - "That Chick Ain't Me"

I am a Karen Wolfe fan and just recently heard her new single. I love everything Karen records! "That Chick Ain't Me" is a story about a girl who leaves her man because he wants someone else.  Karen tells him that she sees that he's found another girl but that chick ain't her. Her girlfriend even sends her pictures of her boyfriend and his sidepiece; you know everyone's talking.  She lets him know that it's over and she's also moved on and found someone else.

I love these two lines of the chorus:
You thought that things would be better - I'm happy for ya'll
So quit texting my phone, saying can I come home - hell no!
😀(lol That's what he gets.)

The melody of "That Chick Ain't Me" reminds you of Etta James' "I'd Rather Go Blind." But Karen's not trying to hold on to someone who doesn't want her - unlike Etta James who'd rather go blind 😧than watch the man (who doesn't want her) walk away.  Well... 


Thought I'd give you the classic Etta James' song.

Lyrics from Google Play
Something told me it was over
When I saw you and her talking,
Something deep down in my soul said, "cry girl"´
When I saw you and that girl, walking out.
Ooo I would rather, I would rather go blind boy,
Than to see you, walk away from me child, and all
Ooooo so you see, I love you so much
That I don't want to watch you leave me baby,
Most of all, I just don't, I just don't want to be free no
Ooo I was just, I was just, I was just sitting here thinking
Of your kiss and your warm embrace, yeah,
When the reflection in the glass that I held to my lips, now baby,
Revealed the tears that was on my face, yeah.
Ooo and baby, baby, I would rather, I would rather be blind boy
Than to see you walk away, see you walk away from me, yeah
Ooo baby, baby, baby, I'd rather be blind now
XXOOXX
Enjoy!!
Southern Soul Paradise
southernsoulparadise@hotmail.com
Facebook: SouthernSoul Paradise

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments...what are your thoughts??