Friday, May 25, 2012

Vick Allen - "I'm Thankful For My Woman On The Side"

Could you turn the volume up on this song at home and play it with your wife - or husband around?  What would she or he say?  Hmm, I know what I would think.  Well Vick, as controversial as the lyrics may be, this is a very pretty ballad.  This guy has been with his wife for awhile and you know how it is when the love loses some of its sparkle.  Instead of trying to revive the marriage like he should, Vick decided that he needed an outside woman to take care of all of his needs - do everything his wife wouldn't do.  You know, she feeds him when he's hungry, squeezes him when he's lonely, and loans him money every time his money gets low.  (What?)  I don't know about you, but this man has a wife and probably kids somewhere, and you can best believe his wife knows what's is going on.  But, in spite of Vick's infidelity, I like this song!  Oh southern soul, you make beautiful music! 

I settled down with my woman a few years ago
I was so deep in love I didn’t want to be a player no more
As time passed on we started drifting apart
But I’m too old to start over again and I don’t want to break her heart
So I found an outside woman who really cares for me
And if it wasn’t for her I don’t know where I’d be
Living with my outside woman is so hard for me to see
Because my woman at home makes me feel so alone
Even when we’re together

Chorus
I’m thankful for the woman on the side
She’s the one who rubs my back when I’m tired
She makes love to me all night long
When my woman won’t give me none at home
I know it’s wrong but I can’t let her go
She’s got my nose wide open that’s for sure
I’m thankful for my woman on the side

I know my woman’s curious where I’m spending my time
My body is here with her but somebody else has got my mind
She’s my secret lover and she knows how to love me strong
The things that she do to me makes me want to up and leave my home
You see she’s been by my side through my ups and downs
And when the going got rough she turned my world around
I don’t know what to do cause I can’t walk away
I know people are talking about me but all I have to say

Chorus

When I’m hungry she feeds me
And when I’m lonely she squeezes me
When I need a friend she’s always right there
And when my money gets low she’s right there to loan me some more
And that’s why I’m thankful for my woman on the side

Chorus
I know it's wrong but I can't let go - reminds me of 'if loving
you is wrong, I don't want to be right!'
Enjoy!
XXOOXX
Southern Soul Paradise
southernsoulparadise@hotmail.com