Saturday, June 2, 2012

The Jous Band - "I'll Be Dog Gone"

I love this song and it's being played on almost all of the southern soul stations I listen to.  This is the first record I've heard from the Jous Band and I predict that they are going to be one of those groups you won't forget.  I love the fact that more and more southern soul groups are coming out because a whole lot of people are listening to the music.  I believe southern soul is going through a revival and it's just a matter of time before we hear our music on more and more stations.

If you get a chance, check out their website: http://jousband.com/  Looks like they're from Tuscaloosa, the home of my alma mater, Stillman College!!  According to their site:  Jous is one of the only true bands left in the industry today. Jous is a group of community friends and relatives who honed their raw musical craft in church, high school choirs, and high school bands. In 1985 on the University of Alabama campus Jous started under difficult times. This was because Soul bands were not popular in the era of disco and the rise of rap. They were on the endangered species list. However, Jous stayed afloat.

Check out this really good song - he says that he'll be doggone if he lets her good lovin slip away from him!  I know that's right!!!
Enjoy!
XXOOXX
Southern Soul Paradise
southernsoulparadise@hotmail.com