Monday, February 16, 2015

Bobby "Blue" Bland - "This Time I'm Gone For Good"

Now this is what you call the blues.  Bobby just couldn't stay with his woman any longer but always kept going back to her.  You know how it is - you know that you need to leave but you end up staying with someone who just isn't good for you.  He's letting her to know that this time he's gone for good.

I should have stayed gone when I left before
Cause you do me wrong when we’re together
But I keep coming back oh Lord for more
And when I leave this time oh Lord
Make sure it’s understood that this time I’m gone for good

Many times I’ve left you
But I couldn’t stay away too long
Thank God for the strength that he gave to me
To leave home and still be strong
When I leave this time, oh Lord
Make sure it’s understood that this time I’m gone for good

It’s been warm outside but for me, but for me there’s been no sunshine
So hard for me to leave you but I finally made up my mind
But when I leave this time, oh Lord
Make sure it’s understood that this time I’m gone for good

This time baby, Lord
I’m not gonna let you worry me no more
And this time baby
Don’t even say nothing to me, woman

Oh Lord, bye bye baby…

XXOOXX
Southern Soul Paradise
southernsoulparadise@hotmail.com