Sunday, October 31, 2010

Something Different

This beautiful love song is popular with the old school crowd in DC and I mainly hear it on the weekend on WPFW and WHUR. It's called I Had A Talk With My Man Last Night and it's by Mitty Collier who was with Chess Records. I love this song! Check it out on youtube:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPcKJSw92a0

I had a talk with my man last night
He reassured me everything was still alright
As the night grew light?, my blues got bright
He made me know I was the star of the show
He said he was mine all to myself
And I won’t, and he won’t ever need nobody else
He took me in his arms and turned on my ?alarm
Oh yes he did, yes he did, I had a talk with my man last night

I said I sat down and had a talk
With my man last night
He filled my heart with pure delight
He told me that he needed me
More than words could ever say
And then he went on to prove it in such a sweet, sweet way

He said never again, lonely would you be
And that’s when he asked to marry me
I began to cry he kissed the tears from my weeping eyes
Oh yes he did, yes he did, I had a talk with my man last night