Saturday, August 20, 2011

Latimore - "My Give A Damn Gave Out"

There's something about an older guy with gray hair who can SING!  Oh yes!  If you've seen Latimore live, you know what I mean.  He's just as dynamic now as he was years ago.  We remember "Let's Straighten It Out" but "My Give A Damn Gave Out" will be another classic that will be remembered for years to come.  This song is about how tired you can get.  You know, you love your man so much and you stay with him even though he keeps messing up.  But after awhile, you get tired and you get to the point where you just can't take it anymore.  And this girl is tired.  All of us, both men and women, have been there at some point in our lives.  Here are the words to this great song:

I used to run around a lot
Sometimes I’d stay out all night long
But she would always take me back
No matter how long I’d be gone
But I came home early one morning
The woman didn’t even open up the door
All she did was just look through that little peep hole
She said baby, you don’t live here no more
I said woman it’s cold out here
Please let me in
She said why don’t you go back where you’ve been
She said my give a damn gave out a long time ago
She said I don’t believe you heard me, I’ll say it again
My give a damn gave out a long time ago

I said please, please, please baby can we talk it over
I promise I’ll never do this again
And she said, no baby, ain’t nothing else to talk about
You started acting just like a whole lot of other men
She said I’m tired of crying
And I’m tired of your lying
I’m tired of giving you another chance
I forgave you over and over and over and over again
But you just couldn’t keep that thing in your pants
So listen to me, that’s it!
I quit!!
I ain't takin’ no more of your….

My give a damn gave out a long time ago
In case you didn't hear me, I'm going to say it again
My give a damn gave out a long time ago
Enjoy!
XXOOX
Southern Soul Paradise