Monday, August 22, 2011

Ronnie Lovejoy - "Think About You All The Time"

You know how you don't miss what you've got until it's gone?  Ronnie Lovejoy sings about a man who had the love of his life and didn't realize it until she left.  He deeply regrets what he's done and misses her so much; he thinks about her from sunup to sundown.  Their paths cross in the grocery store one day and she asks him if he ever thinks about her.  He tells her not much, just from Monday to Sunday.  "Think About You All The Time" is one of the prettiest songs I've ever heard.  I'm trying to get a copy of this CD but it's out of circulation and the only way I can get it is to take a chance and order it from an individual via Amazon.  I just heard this song a few minutes ago on southernsoulradio.com and here are most of the words:

It's been six months since she’s been gone
I think about her all the time
I just can’t help it, I think about her all the time
There’re still memories of her here
In every room
And oh in the bedroom
I still smell her favorite perfume
She was all I ever wanted
But I didn’t realize it then
If I had one more chance
I wouldn’t make the same mistake again
If you ask me if I still think about her
If I’d say no, I’d still be lying
I think about her from Monday to Sunday, sunup to sundown
I think about her all the time

I often wondered how could I ever let this be
The woman I fooled around with
She fooled around on me
She took everything I had and left
I ain’t got no outside woman
I ain’t got no inside woman
I’m just lonely by myself

I saw my baby at the grocery store the other day
Thought she wouldn’t speak to me
But she started walking towards my way
She said Ronnie, do I ever cross your mind?
Not much
Just Monday to Sunday
I think about you all the time
I just can’t help it baby
I think about you all the time

I hope you'll get a chance to hear this beautiful song
by the late, great Ronnie Lovejoy.
XXOOXX
Southern Soul Paradise
southernsoulparadise@hotmail.com