Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Nellie "Tiger" Travis - "Mr. Sexy Man"

Mr. Sexy Man is the song you want to hear at the club, cabaret, house party, or wherever you want to dance. I can even overlook the ebonic phrase in the chorus - what your name is - cause I really like this song! It has a great melody which makes it easy to sing along with her.  Good southern soul.

I've been hearing this record on the radio but I have to give a special thanks to Dex Williams who passed this along and says that Nellie Travis Tiger's new CD titled "Keep On Moving" will be released soon. Be on the look out for it!

I saw you when you stepped into the club
The way you walk, the way your body moves
I was out there dancing on the floor
I was out of step cause I was watching you
You one fine sexy looking man
Standing over there with that Hennessey in your hand
I’m looking at you, you’re looking at me
I’m thinking about the possibilities

Chorus
Hey Mr. Sexy Man
What your name is, what your name is
Hey Mr. Sexy Man
What your name is, what your name is

I had to come and ask you for a dance
You know this Tiger had to take a chance
I just love the smell of your cologne
Man you got me hot you really turn me on
Around here dancing on the floor
Arms around my waist, baby I want some more
I’m staring at you, you’re staring at me
I’m thinking about the possibilities

Chorus

I like the way you feel baby when you’re up on me
Got my hormones jumping I feel your energy
I like your freaky dancing, you’re really throwing down
You make me feel so good baby
Let me turn around

Chorus
I'm staring at you, you're staring at me
I'm thinking about the possibilities  (oh yeah!)
XXOOXX
Southern Soul Paradise
southernsoulparadise@hotmail.com