Saturday, July 15, 2017

Crystal Thomas - "Country Gurl"

Different regions and areas in the south play different blues and southern soul music.  It's one of the many reasons I listen to so many stations - I can get a lot of variety. "Country Gurl" is something I heard the other night on WVFG 107.5 FM in Uniontown, Alabama. It's one of those songs that I liked right away, probably because it sounds like true southern soul.  Since WVFG doesn't have a live dee jay on the air in the early morning (like 3:00 in the morning) to tell me the name of a song/artist, I end up asking Siri who's singing a song. Hey, it works for me most of the time. lol

WVFG is a great station and while many of the local stations mix a lot of r&b hits with the blues, WVFG plays more blues than anything. Especially throughout the middle of the night.  Unfortunately, they don't stream online so I can only listen to the station when I'm actually in that part of Alabama.  I hope they'll get on iHeart or TuneIn or something soon!

Here's a song from Crystal Thomas about why you need a country girl - I know that's the truth!!

XXOOXX
Southern Soul Paradise
southernsoulparadise@hotmail.com
Facebook: SouthernSoul Paradise