Saturday, September 3, 2011

Johnny "Guitar" Watson - "A Real Mother For You"

I heard this song during All Blues Saturday on WDLT in Mobile, Alabama (check them out at http://www.983wdlt.com/music/ - they have an awesome show).  And while I never would have placed this as southern soul, it is one of my all-time favorites from the late '70s.  I adored this entire album by the late, great Johnny "Guitar" Watson.  Love is a real mother for you, makes you wanna run for cover!  What a legendary record!!!
My goodness, too cold!  Cold blooded, cold blooded, I'm telling you the truth!  Now let me stop here at this gas station, give me three gallons of low lead, can't afford nothing else. Better stop and get me two hot dogs and a strawberry soda!

Enjoy!
Southern Soul Paradise
southernsoulparadise@hotmail.com