Monday, October 3, 2011

Lebrado - "Fire"

You know you’re behind the times and old school when your kids have to define words for you. Case in point – “twerk!” According to the Urban Dictionary, ” twerk” is to “work one’s body, as in dancing, especially the rear end.” There are also a few other definitions that aren’t as gentle. I had no idea. In spite of it all, I really like this Lebrado song which has been out for a few years now. It’s still pretty heavy in rotation on the southern soul stations. Lebrado is a very talented artist and I love his music. The man can sing.  On this version of "Fire," you can even hear his brother K-Ci  (of K-Ci and JoJo) singing.

On a different note, I have to tell you that I was disappointed when I ordered this CD from the lebrado.net website – I never received it. Even after sending several emails, I never got a response. After complaints and dispute, many thanks to paypal for reimbursing me!  I'll order it from somewhere else soon because his music is great.

Here is the beginning and first verse of “Fire.”

I want to dance with you, slow grind all night with you
You know I’ve been missing you

Sitting at home, thinking about you baby
The way you put it on me, it took me higher
The way you move that body, the way you work that thang
You know it ought to be a crying shame
You got my nose wide open
Thinking of you day and night
You’ve got that fire girl
Your fire burns so bright
She moves it to the left y'all and back to the right
And down the middle, she works it all night
She’s got that fire!

Twerk that twerk that thang!
Enjoy!
XXOOXX
Southern Soul Paradise
southernsoulparadise@hotmail.com