Thursday, November 17, 2011

Lamorris Williams - "Impala"

“Impala” has taken the southern soul world by storm and it is still going strong. I fell in love with Larmorris William’s “Body Roll” about a year ago (I’m still waiting for it to be posted on youtube) and I‘ve heard a few other songs by him that I really like.  I like “Impala” but it is one of those songs that I wouldn’t want my kids to listen to or sing.  On the other hand, it's loved by people all over the country and I think that the melody and slow tempo are pretty addictive.

The song starts with Lamorris and one of his friends as they were riding back from a show. They decided to stop by a cafe, join the fun, and have a drink. They made their way to the bar and ordered two shots of Remy. Out of about 50 women there, he saw this one girl who was wearing a sexy red dress, dancing all by herself, and slow rolling to a song. I think it was love at first sight, or maybe lust, but the attraction was strong and this is what she says to him:

We can do it in your spot
Or we can do it in the parking lot
We can do it in the shower
Baby let’s go for hours
Said I’m feeling your style
Let’s slow grind for a little while
You can make me holler in the back of my impala

I won’t write all of the words but you can probably figure out the rest of the story. Check out the words and listen to this very popular song!

Enjoy! 
Check out lamorriswilliams.net and listen
to Body Roll - a fantastic party song!!!!!
XXOOXX
Southern Soul Paradise
southernsoulparadise@hotmail.com